Friday, October 31, 2008

Adventures in Dentistry


As a PR person I tend to shun publicity, preferring to focus attention on my clients and their impressive accomplishments. That being said, I realize I rarely mention clients in my blog. So please allow for a commercial break as I introduce two of the best dentists in Michigan (the country?): Kurt Doolin and Jeff Haddad.

I first met Kurt Doolin in the spring of 2001 when I was hired to promote his new dental office in downtown Rochester. Kurt has a special place in my heart not only for being such a skilled dentist and all around good guy, but for taking a chance on me and continuing to retain my services without a break throughout 9/11 and the economic halt that ensued immediately thereafter. In 2004, Jeff Haddad joined the practice and Kurt and Jeff became the dynamic duo of dentistry, enhancing their skills and their practice, now called Rochester Advanced Dentistry,and having far too much fun in the process.

So why the walk down memory lane? Yesterday, Jeff Haddad received the "Young Professional of the Year" award by the Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce and was feted, along with winners of various other community awards, among a crowd of nearly 500. A richly deserved honor, Jeff was recognized for being a top notch dentist, of course, but also for the tremendous generosity the practice has shown towards the Rochester community. Kudos to Jeff and Kurt and their entire team!

P.S. If Kurt had a fake ID, he and Jeff would have been co-winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment